Thursday, May 21, 2020
Travel the World On Virtual Tours
Museums, amusement parks, zoos, art galleries, and more! Do some virtual traveling from the comfort of your couch.
NEW THIS WEEK: TOUR THE WORLD'S LARGEST BULB-FLOWER GARDEN!
Amusement Parks & Zoos
Zoo’s Panda Cam
- Virtual Disneyland Rides
- Georgia Aquarium’s Beluga Whale Cam
- Houston Zoo -includes giraffes, gorillas, rhinos, and more.
- Monterey Aquarium -includes a coral reef, sharks, and penguins.
Libraries Around the World
- Bibliotheca Alexandrina (Alexandria, Egypt)
- Bodleian Library (University of Oxford, England)
- Library of Congress (Washington, D.C.)
- Library of Parliament (Ottawa, Canada)
- Liyuan Library (Jiaojiehe, China)
- Mansueto Library (University of Chicago, Illinois)
- New York City Public Library (New York, New York)
- Seattle Metaphysical Library (Ballard, Washington)
- VAC Library (Hanoi, Vietnam)
- Vasconcelos Library (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Vatican Library (Vatican City, Rome, Italy)
Museums in NCW and Around the United States
- Digital Public Library of America -see stories of national significance drawn
from source materials in libraries, archives, and museums across the United States.
- Guggenheim Museum, New York -discover incredible works of art from the Impressionist, Post-Impressionist, Modern and Contemporary eras.
- J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles
- Moses Lake Museum and Art Center -see a virtual
tour of the "Hopes of Spring" exhibit, featuring 20+ works all invoking the essence of springtime by artist group The Desert Artists of Moses Lake.
- Smithsonian, Washington D.C.
- Wenatchee Valley Museum and Cultural Center -see a virtual tour of the 41st Annual Regional High School Art Show. This virtual art tour showcases student’s creativity and recognizes winners in 7 categories.
Museums from Around the World
- British Museum, London -see the Great Court, the ancient Rosetta Stone, and Egyptian
São Paulo -Brazil’s first modern museum.
- Musée d’Orsay, Paris -see famous works from French
artists including Monet, Cézanne, and Gauguin.
- Louvre, Paris -visit the museum’s exhibition rooms and galleries. See Egyptian
antiques, remains of the Louvre’s moat, and much more!
- National Museum of Anthropology, Mexico City -discover archaeology and history of Mexico’s pre-Hispanic heritage.
- National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Seoul
- Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam -the largest collection of
artwork by Vincent van Gogh.
- View over 2,500 museum collections through Google Arts & Culture!
U.S. National Parks
- Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah -explore the desert landscape and unique rock formations.
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park, New Mexico - explore caves and maybe see some bats.
- Dry Tortugas National Park, Florida -explore a Civil War-era fort, a shipwreck, and see the third largest coral reef in the world.
- Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park, Hawaii -explore an active volcano.
- Kenai Fjords National Park, Alaska -explore glaciers, fjords, and icebergs.
- Keukenhof — Located in Holland, Keukenhof is the world’s largest bulb-flower garden and boasts more than 800 varieties of tulips. Seven million bulbs were planted for this year’s display.
Out of this World
- Browse the surface of Mars- The real surface of Mars. Recorded by NASA’s Curiosity
rover. Now in your browser!