Check out snowshoes from the library!
Starting this winter you will be able to check out snowshoes and poles from the library!
We now have several pairs of snowshoes and poles that can be reserved from any of our library branches.
"We live in an amazing place where outdoor access and recreation is so abundant," said NCRL's STEM Manager Heather Inczauskis. "Unfortunately for some people access is a barrier. Providing resources like this that help people access the outdoors fosters individual growth — it's beneficial for physical and mental health and can aid in reducing stress."
The snowshoes are sized for adults and ages 10 and up. They are not intended for children under the age of 10.
Here are some details about the new program:
- You must have an NCRL library card to check them out.
- You must be 18 or older to check them out.
- The checkout period is five days.
- They cannot be ordered through our Mail Order Library.
- You will be charged for any missing items.
- If your library doesn't have snowshoes, they can be requested and sent from another library.