Teen Writers 2017
June 1st - August 31st
Write poetry! Get published!
We know you write poetry. Formal and free-form. Rap and song lyrics. We want to collect the original voices of teen writers across North Central Washington.
After summer, published copies of an anthology (book!) featuring your writing will be available to check out at all 30 of our libraries.
- We are creating a book of poetry written by local teen poets. This must be your own, original work.
Note: a poem by multiple authors is just fine...and a lot of fun to create!
- All teen poets need to have a library account (no worries if you lost your card).
- Language. While we don't want to restrict your authentic voice, we want this book to be a collection of poems that could be read aloud at the library. We will contact you prior to publication to discuss ANY revisions.
- Submit up to two of your poems to be included (choose wisely...or maybe at random).
- Submit your poem(s) June 1st through August 31st to be included in the 2017 anthology.
- Use the online submission form below to submit your poem(s).
All participants will be entered into a raffle to win an iPad Mini 4!
Submit your poems using this form.
Like to read?
Check out what we have for Teen Readers this summer!