Educators guidelines for book club book sets
What is the NCRL Classroom Collection?
One way NCRL works to fulfill our mission of providing resources to grow and strengthen our communities is through our Classroom Collection Program. This program is designed exclusively for educators in our 5-county system and provides classroom sets of books to our local educators for the purpose of enhancing their curriculum. Classroom sets include 10-30 copies.
Our collection is curated by our expert librarians and includes 300 titles commonly used by educators. Titles include fiction, nonfiction, and biography titles for elementary, middle grade, and high school students.
Who can access the NCRL Classroom Collection?
Anyone who has an NCRL Educator Card. Your NCRL Educator Card must be in good standing. Click here to learn more about NCRL Educator Cards.
What are the parameters for the NCRL Classroom Collection?
- Books are available for a 2 month check-out and are non-renewable.
- Classroom sets will be available to pick up at your local NCRL library location.
- Books are to be checked out for your own classroom use, not on behalf of other educators.
- To help us best serve you, please send your request at least 2 weeks in advance of when you would like to pick up your books.
- You are welcome to give NCRL Library Card applications to students, however, please do not accept completed library card applications from students. Instead, encourage students to take completed applications to their local library. For more information about library card drives, please contact your local librarian.
PLEASE DO NOT:
- Sticker or label the books
- Check out books to students
- Collect fines or replacement costs from students/parents who have lost books
How do I check out a classroom set?
How do I view my checkouts online?
Please visit ncrl.org. To login, use your library card number, without the spaces, for your username and the last four digits of the phone number associated with your educator account for your password.
What happens if books are overdue or lost?
All overdue materials from the classroom collection must be returned before more materials may be checked out.
If items are overdue or lost, please contact our library systems manager, Sarah Fletcher, firstname.lastname@example.org/509-663-1117 ext. 101.
What titles are in the NCRL Classroom Collection?
Click here to view the Classroom Collections titles.
Click here to view the Juvenile Fiction titles.
Click here to view Juvenile Nonfiction titles.
Click here to view Young Adult titles.