Wifi hotspots coming to more libraries
We are currently piloting a program to check out mobile internet devices at several library branches to help determine whether we should expand our wifi hotspot program.
Our library district has had hotspots available for checkout from the George library since October 2018 and from our Chelan library since January 2019.
For the next month, they will be available at the Twisp and Bridgeport libraries for checkout. After that, they will be at our Soap Lake and Mattawa branches until early April, when the pilot project will end.
The hotspots use T-Mobile internet service, so internet is only accessible in areas that are covered by T-Mobile.
Any North Central Regional Library card holder can check out a hotspot for up to seven days if:
- They are aged 18 or older.
- Have no restrictions on their library account.
- Have a current, valid Washington state driver's license or photo ID.
- Have been an NCRL registered patron for at least 30 days.
- Can supply a current email and phone number on the user agreement.
The pilot project started last October and previously made the devices available for checkout from the Oroville, Curlew, Republic and Tonasket libraries. The project will help us determine whether and how to expand our current hotspot program.