This Week @ the Library: Jan. 8
The kids are back in school and our libraries are back to their regular (awesome!) weekly programming. Many of our libraries have a variety of story times throughout the week. Here are some of the other great things going on:
S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- Chelan: 1 p.m. Saturday, Legos.
- Curlew: 2 p.m. Friday, makerspace.
- Omak: 11 a.m. Saturday, Lego build-a-thon.
- Quincy: 3:30 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, Make-Do cardboard creations; 10 a.m. Saturday, STEM activities.
- Republic: 3 p.m. Monday, makerspace activities.
- Royal City: 4 p.m. Monday, various STEM activities.
- Twisp: 3:45 p.m. Thursday, KEVA ball-drop challenge.
- Wenatchee: 4 p.m., Monday, 3D printing.
A.T.L.A.S. (At the Library After School)
Activities in the afternoon designed for school-aged children.
- Curlew: 3:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- Ephrata: 4 p.m. Tuesday.
- George: 5 p.m. Thursday.
- Grand Coulee: 4 p.m. Wednesday.
- Manson: 3:45 p.m. Wednesday.
- Omak: 3:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- Quincy: 3:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- Soap Lake: 3:45 p.m. Wednesday.
- Tonasket: 3:30 p.m. Tuesday.
- Wenatchee: 4 p.m. Thursday.
- Winthrop: 3:45 p.m. Friday.
These are public book groups that everyone is invited to join.
- Brewster: 4 p.m. Friday, Junior Book Club.
- Bridgeport: 3:20 p.m. Friday, Middle School Book Club.
- Cashmere: Public Library Book Club, 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
- Leavenworth: 4:30 p.m. Thursday, Bavarian Book Group.
- Manson: 6 p.m. Tuesday, Manson Book Group.
- Wenatchee: 4 p.m. Wednesday, Kids Book Club; Teen Book Club, 6 p.m. Thursday.
Other Cool Stuff
- Curlew: 1 p.m. Thursday, knitting group.
- Ephrata: 4:30 p.m. Thursday, fiber arts club.
- Moses Lake: 6 p.m. Monday, adult coloring.; 6 p.m. Tuesday, Manga Club for teens.
- Omak:10 a.m. Wednesday, adult coloring; a viewing of a TedTalk on exploring minimalism, 6 p.m. Friday.
- Peshastin: 4 p.m. Friday, origami.
- Wenatchee: 3 p.m. Friday, family-friendly board games; 3:30 p.m. Friday, showing the movie Jumanji.
For a complete calendar of the week’s event in our libraries, check out our online calendar!