This Week @ the Library: Jan. 6-11
This week at our libraries you can try out snowshoeing, watch a movie, learn coding and bullet journaling for kids, make things with clay, play chess, knit with friends, play Scrabble, discover unique ways to make coasters and candle holders, and much more.
Check out our list below to find a great reason to visit your community library this week!
- Cashmere: Make your own bookmark craft, 3:30 p.m. Thursday.
- Chelan: Watch the movie A Wrinkle in Time, 2 p.m. Saturday.
- Grand Coulee: STEM activity, 4 p.m. Wednesday.
- Leavenworth: STEM Club — Lego building, 3:30 p.m. Monday; undersea watercolor craft, 3:30 p.m. Thursday.
- Moses Lake: Learn coding for ages 8-12, 4 p.m. Monday; watch the movie Abominable, 4 p.m. Wednesday.
- Omak: Lego build-a-thon, 11 a.m. Saturday.
- Peshastin: Learn bullet journaling (for ages 9-18), 4 p.m. Tuesday, sign up here; STEM Club, 4 p.m. Wednesday; learn snowshoeing (all equipment provided), 1 p.m. Saturday.
- Quincy: Kids' bingo, 2 p.m. Saturday.
- Twisp: STEM activity, 3:45 p.m. Thursday.
- Warden: All ages story time, 4 p.m. Thursday.
- Waterville: Clay with Dale, 1 p.m. Friday.
- Wenatchee: Chess Club — all ages and skill levels welcome, 4 p.m. Monday; sensory-friendly story time, 3:30 p.m. Thursday.
- Brewster: Games, crafts, STEM and other activities for teens, 5 p.m. Wednesday.
- Moses Lake: Play Dungeons and Dragons, 1 p.m. Saturday.
- Republic: Play Dungeons and Dragons, 3 p.m. Tuesday and 2 p.m. Friday.
- Bridgeport: Make a marbled candle holder (all supplies provided), 5 p.m. Jan. 11, sign up here.
- Curlew: Knitting group, 1 p.m. Thursday.
- Ephrata: Learn indigo dyeing with our STEM librarian, 5 p.m. Wednesday.
- George: Winter-themed crafts, 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and 4 p.m. Thursday.
- Moses Lake: Bring your fiber project and work on it with other crafters, 4 p.m. Wednesday.
- Omak: Paint a coaster with alcohol ink, 5:30 p.m. Saturday, sign up here.
- Pateros: Bring your fiber arts project and work in a group, 11 a.m. Saturday.
- Oroville: Job-seeking assistance from community organizations, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday.
- Peshastin: English-as-a-second-language class, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.
- Quincy: Scrabble Club, 10 a.m. Monday.
- Republic: Arts and crafts, 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
- Wenatchee: Drop-in help with electronic devices, 2 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday.